The Colorado State Senate, in a shocking moment of fiscal sanity, rejected Governor Bill Ritter's ridiculous request for $700,000 to hire a government efficiency consultant.
$700,000 to consult on government efficiency? Apparently I am in the wrong line of work.
Governor Ritter, the answer is simple...
1) Reduce the number of government employees.
2) Reduce the number of government programs.
3) Reduce taxes and regulation.
4) Institute outcome-based budgeting.
5) Abolish the public employees labor union and pay employees based on productivity and performance.
See how easy that is? Now I'm going to invoice the State of Colorado for $300,000.