Senator Mike Kopp (R-Littleton), an 82nd Airborne veteran, held a support the troops rally earlier today.
While this is a deadly serious issue, which people like Tupa and Senator Ken Gordon (D-Denver) are completely wrong on, there can be moments of humor.
I give you Nihilist In Golf Pants' Top 11 Things That Anti-War Protesters Would Have Said At the Normandy Invasion on D-Day (Had There Been Anti-War Protesters At Normandy).
11. No blood for French Wine!
10. It’s been two and a half years since Pearl Harbor and they still haven’t brought Admiral Nagumo to justice
9. In 62 years, the date will be 6/6/6. A coincidence? I think not.
8. All this death and destruction is because the neo-cons are in the pocket of Israel
7. The soldiers are still on the beach, this invasion is a quagmire
6. Sure the holocaust is evil, but so was slavery
5. We are attacked by Japan and then attack France? Roosevelt is worse than the Kaiser!
4. Why bring democracy to Europe by force and not to Korea or Vietnam? I blame racism
3. This war doesn’t attack the root causes of Nazism
2. I support the troops, but invading Germany does not guarantee that in 56 years we won't have a President who's worse than Hitler
1. I don't see Roosevelt or Churchill storming the beaches -- they're Chicken Hawks
[LIVE BLOG UPDATE]
Ron Tupa just said he "loves America." I suspect he's sensed the doubt surrounding whether or not he's actually proud to be born in the U.S.A.